FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 1, 2019
Marketing Director, Archival Gallery
(916) 923-6204 – email@example.com
Stephanie Taylor and Christy Heron-Clark Simple Objects: An Excavation – JUNE 4-29, 2019.
Sacramento, CA: Archival Gallery presents Simple Objects: An Excavation – a multimedia collaboration of Stephanie Taylor and Christy Heron-Clark – on exhibition June 4-29, 2019. Join us for a Second Saturday reception on June 8 at 6PM featuring complimentary refreshments and an opportunity to meet the featured artists.
Simple Objects: An Excavation, is an installation of written recollections, photography, drawings, rescued objects, and video taken from the CAMP Fire devastation in Paradise, California. Taylor collaborates with Christy Heron-Clark, a writer and science editor, on this installation.
This is a story told through the lens of objects: a hammerhead with no handle, a box of cherished film slides charred and fused, hunting rifles with no stocks. As an artist, Taylor responds to each object as it exists, transformed by loss and fire. For Christy, each item holds precious memories, resonating with meaning.
Approved Images for Press:
Upcoming Exhibitions at Archival Gallery:
- May: Sean Royal, Death Valley and Back
- June: Stephanie Taylor and Christy Heron-Clark, Simple Objects: An Excavation in painting and sculpture, a tribute to relics of the Camp Fire in Paradise, CA
- July: Feather, Fins, and Fur, featuring avian, aquatic, and canine works by Maria Winkler, Gary Dinnen, Lindsay Filby, and David Fiveash, with New Works by Richard Feese
- August: Maureen Hood, From My Garden and More
Archival Gallery, in Sacramento since 1983, presents contemporary Northern California figurative works and fine art framing services. Managed by D. Oldham Neath, the gallery exhibit rotates monthly. Visit archivalgallery.com for more information.
Archival Gallery is located at 3223 Folsom Boulevard in Sacramento and is open Tuesday – Saturday from 11AM-4PM, also by appointment and for special events.